I was driving to work Monday morning and listening to one of the many radio stations that I peruse (I’m a junkie for all types of music) when the DJ came on and said something to the effect of, “I’ve got some really interesting things to say, but I’m not going to tell you any of it for 8 more minutes.” I then switched the channel. The way I see it, if you aren’t going to tell me what you have to say, then I’m not going to listen to you anymore. I listened to music on the next radio station for about a minute, and then the next DJ came on to say the same thing! Even down to the 8 minutes interval.
So this morning, on my way to work, I’m listening to the radio again and the same thing happened. Since when did our society become such a tease? I turned off the radio and continued with my French lessons (for my big trip this spring).
I started off my day a little annoyed at the world. Yes, I allow myself to get that way sometimes because quite frankly, I enjoy it. It gives me a chance to blow off some steam at something small and inconsequential. This of course got me to thinking about all of the ‘other’ things that I like to get really MAD about. And yes, occasionally this may have something to do with my height. And here comes the bullet-points (I love lists! Oh yeah!):
- I really dislike it when my pants shrink. And when I say shrink, I mean up and not in. I’ve had this happen throughout my life and it really ticks me off when I put the pants on to find that they are shorter than they were before I washed them.
- I also get ticked off when I gain weight. (Now here’s what I like about being TALL. You can’t really tell that I’ve gained 10 pounds this year. I’ve got a span of about 15-20 pounds where you can’t tell because the weight is distributed on a 6’4″ frame.)
- It drives me crazy when people don’t use their turn signals. It makes me even crazier when they try to merge into my lane and don’t have their signal on. I don’t let them in. Even if that means I’m eating the bumper ahead of me. If you don’t have your signal on, I don’t know what you are trying to do…
- Parents, please don’t use your child in their baby stroller as your excuse to move quickly through a crowd. Get out of the crowd, carry your kid, quit having kids, anything just get out of my way!!! (I have to state here for the record that I have a fear of large crowds and baby strollers, hence the strong feelings)
- I’ve said this for years and I’ll say it again, Mickey Mouse and Tweety Bird shirts belong on little kids.
- Unflattering pics of yourself while wearing a pretzel necklace at the Great American Beer Festival are not cool. (I’m wearing a button of my former brother in law, you should try it sometime…excellent conversation starter)
- Slap-stick humor kinda ticks me off especially if it’s a clown. It’s simply NOT FUNNY.
- People who are late without a really good excuse.
So there you have it. A little more insight into me and my short-list of things that tick me off. I’ll come back to more height-related items soon. I allowed myself a little pity party this week for silly things and now it’s back to acting like a grown up (who am I kidding?).