Some people believe they are tall. Others know themselves to be tall. Many have been told they are tall, but how do you know? I thought it might be fun to put together a few tests that you can try for yourself. Then you’ll know if you are truly tall or if somebody’s feeding you a line of bull.
- Do you spend inordinate amounts of time admiring the tops of people’s heads?
- Can you touch a standard 9 foot ceiling without a lot of effort?
- Have you ever had one of the following nicknames: Stretch, Olive Oyl, Big <insert your name here>, Giraffe, Tiny, Tree, or Tall <insert your name here>?
- When out with friends, do you always get the front seat?
- Do you have trouble finding an inseam longer than 36 inches?
- Has anyone ever gasped when you walked by?
- Have you been asked to get something off of a top shelf in a grocery store for a random stranger?
- Did you play sports because the coaches asked you to?
- If you had $1 for every time someone asked you how tall you were, would you be a thousandaire?
- Have you ever hit your head on a stop sign?
With the exception of number 8, I have had all of the above happen to me. It wasn’t until number 10 that I realized, “Yep, I’m damn tall.” I mean seriously, it’s not everyday you walk directly into a stop sign (not the post, the actual sign).