You’re tall. You feel like you hang out with a lot of tall people. You think it would be fun to start a tall club. So you talk to your other tall friends and everyone seems to think it would be fun and a great idea. Now what? Well, that’s what I’m here for! I’ve got the inside info on how you can start your very own tall club and also how you too can become affiliated with Tall Clubs International.
The basic requirements:
- Men must be a minimum of 6’2″ and women must be a minimum of 5’10”.
- All members must be at least 21 years of age.
- Start-up clubs should be active for 6 months prior to application for membership
- Minimum membership prior to application for membership is 15 members.
- TCI annual dues are $3 per member, minimum of $45, due in January of each year.
The basic steps
- Name your club and elect officers
- Publicize your club (Facebook, Twitter, Meet-Up, etc)
- Begin having regular meetings and social events to attract more members
- Write your bylaws (samples available)
- Open a bank account and start collecting dues to fund events
- Once you have 15 members it’s time to apply for members ship! (you must have authorization by a majority vote of your members directing the club president to seek membership through TCI)
- Contact TCI’s Vice President of Membership (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 60 days prior to the annual convention (usually the last weekend in June) to submit your application for membership. You will need:
- Letter of Application from your Club President
- Letter of Sponsorship from another TCI club in good standing (find one that’s close in proximity to you or perhaps make friends with someone in a club OR contact me and I’ll direct you to someone close to you)
- Send a check for 1/2 of the annual dues (minimum $22.50 for 15 members)
- List of founding members (Include: names, officially measured height barefoot, zip code, and email address)
If all is in order, your new club will be nominated for membership at the annual Delegates meeting during Convention.
Why should I become affiliated with Tall Clubs International (TCI)?
- Charity–TCI is affiliated with several charities so your funds go to some great charities such as Marfan Syndrome and Habitat for Humanity.
- Parents–TCI is a little like your parent. You have your local club and then TCI above your local club. It’s a great dynamic.
- Parties–do you like to party? Yeah, me too. And so do many of the TCI members.
- Tall People–do you like to party with tall people? Yeah, me too…..see where I’m going with this?
- Tall Stores–what better place to swap stories about tall stores or even better swap clothes. Or how about this, many tall stores offer discounts to members of TCI!!!
- Miss Tall International–Are you single, female, and always wanted to wear a crown and a sash? Perhaps you should consider running for Miss Tall International.
- Ummmm…FUN–I don’t think I need to expand on this
Now, if you’d like to start a tall club please do! If you would like more information on this please feel free to contact TCI Vice President (currently Genie Williamson) at email@example.com.
I can also assist if you would like to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can direct you to clubs near you or directly to TCI for further assistance.